Grilled Chicken Himachali is a dish that has sweet, sour and spicy taste together. The crispy chicken pieces are loaded with local spices that provide the best aroma to the dish. I am sure that Himachali grilled chicken entice your taste buds. The Grilled chicken dish is mostly served with the bread (Chapatti).
Ingredients: Grilled Chicken Himachali
- 4 chicken leg pieces
- 4 chopped red onions
- 4 Table spoon malt vinegar
- 1 green chill
For the Chicken Marination (Grilled Chicken Himachali)
- 7 cloves
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 1 table spoon cumin seeds
- 1 heaped tsp coriander seeds
- 1 inch ginger
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 4 slit green chilies
- 3 mint leaves
- 1 table spoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp jaggery
- 1/2 lime
- 2 Table spoon ghee
Preparation Method: Grilled Chicken Himachali
- Take a bowl, add vinegar and green chili.
- Add chopped onions to the bowl.
- Allow the ingredients to marinate.
- Take the chicken legs, and wash.
- Make the slits inside the legs, deep.
- Take a pan and add turmeric powder, green chilies, stick cinnamon, cloves and mint leaves.
- Add roasted spices to the grinder. Save the marinade and apply onto the chicken.
- Add the green chilies and the ginger-garlic paste to the heated pan.
- Dry roast all the spices again.
- Add lime juice, jaggery and mint leaves to the paste.
- Add 2 teaspoon of oil onto the chicken and marinade it with the paste.
- Wait for the marinade to dissolve into the chicken.
- After 3 hours, take the chicken out of fridge.
- Heat the non-stick pan, and place the pieces onto the pan.
- With low heat, fry the pieces one by one.
- After 10 minutes add butter and lime juice, coat on to the pieces.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriander and green chilies.
- The Grilled Chicken Himachali is ready to be served.