Murgh Malaiwala is a delicious chicken recipe of south India that is made with no cooking oil. In this recipe the chicken is cooked in cream based gravy. It is an easy to make recipe yet very appetizing. The dish can be cooked through various methods. Traditionally the dish is prepared in clay oven.
Ingredients: Murgh Malaiwala Recipe
For the gravy:
- 2/3 cup cream
- 4 green chilies, chopped
- 2 onion, chopped
- 3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon green cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon dry ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon fenugreek powder
- 1 tablespoon gram Masala
- A pinch of saffron
- 4 tablespoon chopped almonds
- Salt to taste
For the marinade: Murgh Malaiwala
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon white pepper powder
For the garam Masala: Murgh Malaiwala
- 2 black cardamom
- 7 green cardamoms
- 2 piece mace
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 3 cloves
- 2 cinnamon
- 3 black peppercorns
- 5 dried rose petals
Preparation Method: Murgh Malaiwala
Marinate the chicken pieces:
- Wash the pieces, dry using paper towel.
- Use knife to make cuts on the chicken meat.
- Use a bowl and add ginger garlic paste, white pepper and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken to the bowl.
- Marinate the ingredients for about 25 minutes.
For the garam Masala:
- Use a pan, add garam Masala.
- Add roasted garam Masala to grinder and grind.
For curry: Murgh Malaiwala
- Take a pan, heat to a moderate level.
- Add green chilies and onions.
- Wait for the onions to get soft and brown.
- Add the milk and the marinated chicken pieces.
- Add spice, saffron, white pepper, ginger powder, cardamom powder and coriander leaves.
- Deep fry all the ingredients and wait for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the almonds
- The Murgh Malaiwala dish is ready, Enjoy!