Chicken breast cooking has many variations as different cook usually prepares the meal in a separate and unique way. That is even good as it makes chicken breast dinner staple. This chicken recipe is prepared to provide you hint on how to cook juicy, golden chicken breast on stove.
When it comes to cooking chicken breast on the stove, there are many proven methods. While the commonest technique is pan-steamed some still sauté theirs. Whichever method you use, the expected result is chicken breast with a pan-seared, golden exterior as well as juicy interior.
Chicken Breast Recipe
Category: Main Meal
SERVES: 3-4 Persons
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients: How to Cook Juicy, Golden Chicken Breast on Stove
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts ( 1 pound)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
Equipment needed for the preparation
- Measuring spoons and cups
- cutting board and knife
- Paper towels
- 10-inch or even a larger skillet
- Thermometer with instant-read function.
How to Cook Juicy, Golden Chicken Breast on Stove
- Dry the chicken breast and season it with pepper and salt: Make sure you dry the chicken breast thoroughly with paper towels. Then, season it using pepper and salt on every side.
- Put oil in a large skillet and heat over approximately high heat: Make use of 10-inch skillet, heat the oil straight-sided on cast iron skillet is recommended. Allow the oil to simmer for up to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken breast carefully into hot pan and allow it to cook for about 5-7 minutes: Spin the pan before adding the chicken breasts to distribute the oil evenly. Put the chicken one after another and avoid poking, touching or even moving the chicken for about 5-7 minutes. If you try to turn the chicken and discover that it stuck, just know it is not crispy, golden or even ready to flip.
- Turn the chicken and allow it to cook until the temperature gets to 160oF, for about 5-7 minutes or even more: Turn the chicken breast over and add butter in-between them. Distribute melting butter in the pan by taking up the pan and giving it a gentle spin. Continue to cook until the internal temperature gets upto 160oF; continue till 5-7 minutes or even more.
- Slice the cooked chicken breast and serve: Bring the cooked chicken out of the pan and transfer to the plate or into well-cleaned cutting board. Allow it to rest for about 3 minutes then, slice and serve with green salad.