Bourbon chicken recipe is usually available at Cajun-themed Chinese restaurants. The Bourbon chicken dish is named after the Bourbon Street in the New Orleans in the Louisiana and for the bourbon whiskey as an ingredient.
The Sticky Bourbon chicken recipe include brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and the bourbon whiskey in base and make a sauce to marinate the chicken in this sauce.
Make your dinner enjoyable and try sticky bourbon chicken recipe with rice. It is not only easy to prepare but also super delicious and quite yummy recipe. Certainly, you will like to prepare this chicken meal any day you want to eat good food and feel special! Read down on this post to learn more about the ingredients as well as direction for preparation for Sticky Bourbon chicken recipe with rice.
The Ingredients: Sticky Bourbon chicken recipe with rice
- 1 ½ pounds of chicken thighs ( preferably, boneless and skinless)
- ½ cup of soy sauce with low sodium
- ¼ cup of oil
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- ¼ cup of bourbon
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1tbsp of sliced or crushed fresh ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic. Crushed
- 4 to 5 green onions, sliced or cut into thirds
- 1 cup of uncooked basmati rice.
Direction for Preparation: Sticky Bourbon chicken recipe with rice
- Before the day you want to prepare this dish, mix together oil, soy sauce, bourbon, vinegar as well as brown sugar into a bowl. Continue to stir till you get homogenous mixture. Put chicken in baking dish with lid and spread the sauce on the chicken. Toss in garlic, ginger as well as half of the green onions. Cover it and allow it to marinate overnight.
- Heat the oven to about 3500 Open the cover for the chicken and directly bake it in immerse for about 45 minutes at the same time basting chicken with sauce periodically. Or you should always turn the sides to ensure both sides are baked properly. Follow package direction and cook the basmati rice
- As soon as the chicken is done, turn temperature of oven to broil and bake the chicken for about 5 to 10 more minutes. This is to ensure you get good browned outer look of the chicken. Remove the chicken from oven and serve either whole or cut using additional sauce as well as scallions on the cooked rice.
- Enjoy with Sticky Bourbon chicken recipe with rice